Summer Camp

Facebook

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Cover for National Police Credit Union
Happy birthday, K9 Apollo! Stay safe!

Happy birthday, K9 Apollo! Stay safe!We said yesterday there was another birthday boi coming up!! Today is K9 Apollo’s 2nd Birthday!!

Not often that you have back-to-back birthdays of such good bois!!!! Everyone wish K9 Apollo the happiest of birthdays!

#k9 #birthdayboi #birthdaycelebration
... See MoreSee Less

1 day ago
Thank you!
#TelecommunicationsWeek!

Thank you!
#telecommunicationsweek!Big shoutout to all the amazing dispatchers keeping us safe and connected on #TelecommunicationsWeek! Your hard work does not go unnoticed 🚨📞💼

Dispatcher Cora Thorp has served this department for over 10 years. Thank you Cora for your dedication.
... See MoreSee Less

1 day ago
Happy, happy birthday, K9 Ace!! Stay safe!Image attachmentImage attachment

Happy, happy birthday, K9 Ace!! Stay safe! ... See MoreSee Less

1 day ago

National Police Credit Union is honored to welcome the Munster Police Department (Indiana) into our field of membership. We look forward to serving you and your families. ... See MoreSee Less

2 days ago
Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#TelecommunicationsWeek

Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#telecommunicationsweekWhile they won’t be saying “Aloha” when they answer the phone, they are dressed for island time! Sheriff Crawford is proud to honor our wonderful Communications Unit this week during National Public Safety Telecommunications Week. We surely have the best!

#telecommunicationsweek #celebrate #dispatchers
... See MoreSee Less

3 days ago
Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#TelecommunicationsWeek

Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#telecommunicationsweekFrom all of us at Parkers Mill Fire to Pulaski County 911 Center and surrounding 911 centers, We appreciate all the hard work keeping all agencies, and the community safe! Wouldn’t be able to do it without you guys! #telecommunicationsweek
... See MoreSee Less

3 days ago
Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#TelecommunicationsWeek

Thank you, Dispatchers!!!!
#telecommunicationsweekHappy Telecommunications Week! We here at the Itawamba County Sheriff's Department want to thank all the hardworking dispatchers out there! We want to take a moment to show our utmost respect, appreciation, and admiration for the vital role you play in emergency situations. Your calm voice and quick thinking bring peace in moments of chaos. Thank you for your dedication and selfless service, we couldn't do it without you!
#ThankYouDispatchers #TelecommunicationsWeek #RespectAndAdmiration
... See MoreSee Less

3 days ago
Thank you to all of the Dispatchers who live behind the scenes, but are always front and center!!
#TelecommunicationsWeek

#telecommunicationsweekBig shoutout to all the amazing dispatchers keeping us safe and connected on #TelecommunicationsWeek! Your hard work does not go unnoticed 🚨📞💼

Dispatcher Denise Roberts has served this department for over 10 years. Thank you Denise for your dedication.
... See MoreSee Less

3 days ago

Thank you for 40 (!!!!) years of service!! We truly appreciate your many years of dedicated service. All the best and every success in your retirement. Stay safe!Last night at the board meeting, the Naperville Park District and its commissioners recognized Park Police Officer Arzania "Zook" Williams for his dedication and service to the community over the past decade as a Park Police Officer as he prepares to retire. Congratulations and best wishes for your retirement, Zook!

#ParkItInNaperville
... See MoreSee Less

3 days ago
Thank you for 44 (!!!!) years of service!! We truly appreciate your dedicated service and wish you all the best in your retirement. Stay safe.Image attachmentImage attachment+Image attachment

3 days ago
#Superheroes

#superheroes
... See MoreSee Less

5 days ago
Thank you!! Stay safe!Image attachmentImage attachment+2Image attachment

Thank you!! Stay safe! ... See MoreSee Less

6 days ago
Happy birthday, K9 Luka 💙💙💙💙!!!!
Stay safe!

Happy birthday, K9 Luka 💙💙💙💙!!!!
Stay safe!Ok, 0k..we might’ve overloaded you with doggo cuteness lately, but today is a special occasion - K9 Luka is turning 2!!! 🥳

Happy birthday Luka!! Your endless happiness makes each day brighter but today is all about you. Enjoy your special day! 🎉

And we have another birthday boi celebration lined up for tomorrow….check back to see who it is!!!! 👀

#k9 #birthdayboi #celebrate
... See MoreSee Less

6 days ago
Thank you!! Stay safe!

Thank you!! Stay safe!Give Trooper Skiles and Trooper Toal some gratitude this morning. ... See MoreSee Less

6 days ago
Congratulations and thank you! Stay safe.

Congratulations and thank you! Stay safe.We forgot to post this yesterday.

Today, we celebrated a promotion with Deputy Duggan and his family. He was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and sworn in with the Oath of Office. We expect great things from Sergeant Duggan, and we believe that Sergeants in our office hold the greatest responsibility to their squads, the communities they serve, and this office. Congratulations, Sgt. Duggan!

#Promotion #Sergeant #Congratulations #Leadeship #teamgreen💚
... See MoreSee Less

6 days ago
💙💙💙💙Image attachment

💙💙💙💙 ... See MoreSee Less

1 week ago
Congratulations and thank you! Stay safe, Officers!Image attachment

Congratulations and thank you! Stay safe, Officers! ... See MoreSee Less

1 week ago
Thank you for 34 years of service! Enjoy your retirement and stay safe!

Thank you for 34 years of service! Enjoy your retirement and stay safe!Congratulations to Billy Delgado on his 34 years of dedicated service to the City of Corpus Christi. We hope you enjoy your retirement. ... See MoreSee Less

1 week ago
Congratulations! Thank you! Stay safe!Image attachmentImage attachment+2Image attachment

Congratulations! Thank you! Stay safe! ... See MoreSee Less

1 week ago

Latest Tweets

Feed Them Social: TikTok Feed not loaded, please add your Access Token from the Gear Icon Tab.

Summer Camp

I’m not usually a summer camp guy, but as luck would have it I received two summer camp invitations a couple of days ago.  They are for two different camps located on opposite sides of the same lake.  The camps will be held at the same time so if I’m going to camp this summer, I am going to have to choose one or the other.

Since I don’t have much experience with summer camp, I thought you might be able to help me make my decision.  I figure that since I frequently advocate on behalf of collaboration and the value of working with others, I would take my own advice and ask for your help.  I’ll do my best to briefly, but accurately describe each of the two camps and together we can figure out which one, if either, I should attend.

I mentioned that the two camps are on opposite sides of the same lake.  The one located on the bluff overlooking the lake is known as Camp Know It All (possibly derived from an ancient native culture, not sure).  High on the hill, the views from camp are described as perfect.  For some reason, the weather on that side of the lake is almost always ideal and on the rare occasion that it is not, it is likely the fault of somebody or something not in any way associated with the club.

It may be a bit of an elitist camp because it is apparently difficult to reach.  Only the most knowledgeable are able to navigate the treacherous terrain and complicated path system between the lake and the bluff.  There is only enough room for a few campers, but only a few of them make it up to the top anyway so there is no overcrowding to worry about once you are there.

You really must have to be pretty self-assured in this camp because your stay does not come with any instructions.  Nor do any of the activities.  Apparently, you are already supposed to know everything that you need to know upon arrival.

There is one other thing that struck me as a bit unique about this camp.  There are no latrines and the only explanation is that they are not needed.  Lastly, if I do go to this camp there may be some added risk involved.  The invitation was attached to a rather lengthy legal looking document that explains that if anything at all goes wrong during my stay, neither the club nor any of its counselors or repeat campers will take any responsibility.  This is a long standing tradition at this camp dating back to before anyone can remember.

The other camp, on the other side of the lake, sounds like it is a little different from Camp Know It All.  Camp Ignoramus (most definitely derived from the beginnings of civilization) is actually located in a swampy area on the side of the lake that is flood prone.  No one seems to mind. The camp has been located there for so long that it is unlikely anyone affiliated with the camp is seeking campground that might be better suited for their site.

In that camp, weather is of less importance.  They know there is weather, but they are a little unclear of how exactly to describe it.  The organizers of the camp do not utilize any points of comparison with other camps, almost as if they are unaware that other camps exist.

It is difficult for me to determine how to get to this camp.  No one, who has been there, can tell you how they got there.  They just remember that they had all the time in the world to get there although they do not remember how long that was.

Organized activities are essentially non-existent.  In fact, my invitation indicates that highlights of my stay will include lots of wandering, purposeless driving of motorized carts, and endless idle chit chat.

All attendees of the camp are divided into two groups.  Both group names are clearly a derivative of the Ignoramus flag that flies high above the campground. One group is known as the Oblivions and one is dubbed the Blissfully Ignorant.  The sole competition between these two groups is a slow paced race to determine which group can be the most out of touch, whatever that means.

So, there you have it.  What to do, what to do?  Well, we could draw up the standard list of pros and cons, but I already feel as though I am beginning to get a plan together.  I don’t know about you, but it always helps when I talk things out.  You have given me that opportunity and it has really helped me to clarify my thoughts.

I think that I am going to politely decline both invitations and head out to start my own camp.  Since the other two are so well established, I am not even going to try to recruit any Know It All’s or any Ignoramus’.

It may be difficult, but I’m going to look for a spot somewhere in between the two campsites, maybe one that has a few hills and a few valleys.  I’m going to keep track of my trail so I can tell others exactly how to get there.  I already know that it won’t be perfect, but I am confident that if I set some realistic goals I will most definitely attract the type of people who want to get the most out of their summer camp experience.

Since it will be the inaugural season for my camp, I may even give the attendees some say in the activities we will plan in exchange for their help in organizing the camp and developing standards for the future.  That way, everyone who attends the camp this year and going forward will know exactly why they are there and what they can expect when they attend.

Well, I’ve got a lot to do and time certainly is not going to slow down in the meantime.  Only one question left to answer.  Which camp will you be in this summer?

Scott Arney